How is the virus transmitted?
It’s likely that the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) originated in an animal species, and then spread to humans.
Person to person spread of the novel coronavirus is reported, but it is not yet understood how easily this happens.
Other human coronavirus strains are spread from person to person through contaminated droplets from a person who is sick with the illness (through coughing or sneezing) or contaminated hands.
Is there a vaccine against the Novel Coronavirus?
Currently there are no available vaccines that protect against Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Is there any treatment for Coronavirus Disease?
There is no specific treatment. It is mainly supportive treatment that aims at reducing symptoms.
Ways to prevent the disease
- Wear a mask. You should continue to use a surgical mask whenever you get out of your house.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds. Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover Nose & Mouth When Sneezing. Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues.
- Use Sanitizer. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid Crowded Places (Social Distancing). As an individual, you can lower your risk of infection by reducing your rate of contact with other people. Avoiding public spaces and unnecessary social gatherings, especially events with large numbers of people or crowds, will lower the chance that you will be exposed to the coronavirus as well as to other infectious diseases like flu.
- Avoid Contact With Sick People. Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness.
- Do not touch your face or nose.
- Do not share used food and drinks with anyone and do not accept used food and drinks from anyone.
Source: Government of Pakistan (www.covid.gov.pk)